When In Rome

This is a journal entry I wrote in Rome back in April.

The day we arrived in Rome, it was around 8:40am. With jet lag we were up at 5am the first few mornings. Visiting the Pantheon, the famous Trevi Fountain, enjoying Americano. Making a day trip out to Pompei, Positano, and Napoli was full of adventure and amazing sites and culture. Positano was an amazing mountain city view. The coastal windy roads looking out at sea on the mountain road .going to the Colluseum was so memorable. We almost drove to the curator of Mt. Vesuvius. We drove through what looked like a hobbit forest.
The cobblestone streets we walked in Rome were so cool.lots of small Fiat cars and small nit tight streets. Rarely you'd pass by a street sign, no stop signs. The ambulances and police force are different in Italy. The crossaints we ate literally melted in our mouths, that's how delightful and rich tasting they are.how do I begin with coffee. Let's just say, it was rich in its strong flavor and addictive. The food in Italy is so good, there are too many good words to describe how authentic and unprocessedmeals and food we ate. The produce is small, Italians eat a lot of pork, you'd find pork in almost every dish and pasta dishes. Carbonara pasta dishes for example. Very rich meat and fatty too. Pig check aka the butt cheek. LOL! We ate lots of pizza and  pasta. The way the laundry is done is usually done through the washer and then normally dried out by hanging them on clothes lines, sometimes outside your window  or even inside your place. Water is not free anywhere, I presume their tap water isn't any good? All water is either bottled still or fizz.


Being in Italy for a week was so cool, I became fond of their lifestyle and ways. I got used to it. I felt part of them and like them. I sure do miss being in Italy. I can't help but still reminisce or have a thought of the good times. I hold this trip as a memory with me everywhere I go. I can't help but carry it with me everywhere I go. I really enjoyed my time when I was there. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment